Saturday, October 23, 2004

Oprah and the v word

In the US, 50 million eligible women didn't vote in the 2000 election.

Oprah Winfrey, using her hugely successful television show reminded American women why in this election they can't afford to be so complacent.
"Take your rights for granted at your peril, ladies. Move, or else. Choose how you want the laws to treat and respect you and your body - or someone else, someone who hasn't touched a vagina for 30 years and who thinks sex is only tolerable in the dark, fully clothed and with a respectable prostitute, will choose for you."
I, for one, applaud Oprah's neofeminism.

3 Comments:

Blogger Extremelee said...

I haven't seen Oprah on TV for years. I don't know why they stopped airing her shows over here in the UK. Great woman, excellent show!

11:04 am  
Blogger Rantz said...

I haven't seen Oprah in years. Moreover, I haven't a desire in the world to watch such crap television, although I've recently visited her website to have a gander re: Hilfiger.

Having said all that, I'm pleased she's uttered the v word. Moreover, I'm pleased she's anti-Bush, which kinda suprises me. Furthermore, I'm delighted in Michael's headline with the word slap.

Slap Bush? Hell, I wouldn't have to waste my precious energy - I could save it all for gardening - if Oprah's around.

2:10 pm  
Blogger Claudia Jane said...

Maybe Michael Moore was on to something when he attempted to get Oprah to run for president.

12:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home