Thursday, December 09, 2004

Howard's Renaissance Man

We have always known of Tony "hallelujah" Abbott.
Last month he added Tony "morals" Abbott.
This month he is Tony "psychobabble" Abbott.
What's next for the Minister of Health?
I'm hoping for Tony "retirement can be productive growing peanuts" Abbott.

In defending the indefensible Calamity Dee-Anne, Abbott offered us this:
"What we have seen today is an understandably frustrated and disappointed Opposition lashing out, lashing out at a minister who has done no wrong. What we are seeing today is a classic case of displacement therapy. That's what the Opposition is engaging in.

They are displacing the frustration and the self hatred they understandably feel against various of their own members, particularly the Leader of the Opposition, they are displacing that onto the Minister for Veterans Affairs, a good minister who has done no wrong."
Update:
We can now add Tony "neoteny" Abbott to his list of epithets.

9 Comments:

Blogger Rowen said...

I'd liek to see Tony "spending more time with my family" Abbott

11:01 am  
Blogger weezil said...

Tony who?

Even our PM seems not to recognise Sen. Grabass.

Abbott seems relegated to left field, right where he ought to be.

12:36 pm  
Blogger Rantz said...

Found a peanut, found a peanut, just now I found a peanut, found a peanut just now.

Cracked open, cracked open, just now I cracked it open, cracked it open just now.

Inside was Abbott, inside was Abbott, just now inside was Abbott, inside was Abbott just now.

Pulled him out, pulled him, just now I pulled him out, pulled him out just now.

He was rotten, he was rotten, just now he was rotten, he was rotten just now.

Roasted him anyway, roasted him anyway, just now I roasted him anyway, roasted him anyway just now.

Made shite butter, made shite butter just now, just now I made shite butter, made shite butter just now.

Fed it to Calamity, fed it to Calamity, just now I fed it to Calamity, fed it to Calamity just now.

She got sick, she got sick, just now she got sick, she got sick just now.

Called the doctor, called the doctor, just now I called the doctor, called the doctor just now.

He put her down, he put her down, just now he put her down, put her down just now.

Story's over, story's over just now.

[To the tune of whatever you'd like to sing]

6:46 pm  
Blogger Rantz said...

PS I'm happy to sing this gem for you Suki - in the right tune, of course - the next time we meet.

6:47 pm  
Blogger suki said...

The natural tune would have to be
"Oh my darlin'
oh my darlin'
oh my daaaaarrlin' Clementine..."
Do you know it?!

7:45 pm  
Blogger suki said...

Rowen, I think Tony would be a bore at mealtimes, a hog in the shower, and a slug when it comes to his chores.
*If* he was in my family we would all maintain that he was abandoned and found on our front porch...

7:51 pm  
Blogger Le Driver said...

Or, ala 'Summerland' on Channel 10, passed into your tragically hip hands via the death of an estranged relative when you only wanted to go surfing.

11:32 pm  
Blogger weezil said...

Le Driver, was that English?

12:15 am  
Blogger Le Driver said...

I like to think it was at least partly in English.

1:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home