Friday, March 18, 2005

Melbourne bloggers show Sydney grrrl a great time.

As I sat at Spleen,
early,
giggling at the premise of meeting bloggers whose physical identity I did not know (except for Barista), I found myself smiling at everyone who made eye contact with me (or my bits) instead.

This turned out to be a very successful tactic as I met:
  1. Nabakov
  2. Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
  3. Northcote Knob
  4. Vincent
  5. AFTER GROG BLOG
  6. Gummo Trotsky who navigated the waters for Tugboat Potemkin
  7. The GG (and The Lady Livia) There Aint no Sanity Clause
  8. BARISTA
  9. Kent and Amy who want to blog
  10. boynton
  11. Laputan Logic
  12. Mallrat from Brave our Burbs
There was wine, yummy food, enthusiastic discussion and some bloggers who would have passed each other on the way to lectures, long before our online words would have us meet...

A fun night out was had by this Sydney grrrl.
Thank you to all that made it memorable.


Image from here

10 Comments:

Blogger John Hardy said...

And what a great night it was too. Great to meet you Suki.

2:35 pm  
Blogger Lord Sedgwick said...

"I never had pervual relations with that t-shirt!"

Maybe next time. :0)

4:16 pm  
Blogger suki said...

How could you see me past your own magnificent chest?

5:08 pm  
Blogger Mallrat said...

phew, i'm glad you posted the full text fo your t-shirt. i didnt want to get slapped for staring at your chest for ages while i tried to make out writing even worse than my GP's!
check out ...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/endofworld.html

9:35 pm  
Blogger suki said...

waffles of mass deliciousness indeed! :)
Thanks for the link. WTF! definitely describes Australia...

12:15 pm  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Sorry I couldn't come (no way I could have made it there in time from work out east) - but hopefully next time. Glad you enjoyed your visit (and on the plus side, you do get to go to the Sydney grogbloggings, which don't sound bad at all).

10:37 pm  
Blogger suki said...

I hope to see Melbourne bloggers in Sydney. You have taught me the wisdom of a quiet venue (so we can make all the noise) ;)

11:14 pm  
Blogger bogan-A said...

Soo-key, you said you were gonna post that I was the grousest and most dashing blogger this side of the border! Hmph... Nice meeting you too, and may I point out that I didn't look at the tee shirt until you explicitly drew attention to it =)

3:18 pm  
Blogger suki said...

Yep, those waffles are popular...

4:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Siouxkeigh, you're waffling again. ;)

11:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home